View Vacancy -- Online Communications Officer - NC3Rs 595
The NC3Rs has a range of websites which are critical to the development and implementation of the 3Rs. These include:
- www.nc3rs.org.uk is the main NC3Rs website providing contemporary and comprehensive 3Rs information to over 20,000 visitors a month from around the world
- www.crackit.org.uk is a site dedicated to the CRACK IT open innovation programme, run by the NC3Rs. This supports the development of marketable products and improved business processes with 3Rs benefits, through a challenge-led competition. It also includes the technology partnering hub, CRACK IT Solutions
There are also a range of topic specific microsites which focus on specific areas of interest e.g. www.nc3rs.org.uk/macaques, www.marmosetcare.com and www.procedureswithcare.org.uk. These are often developed in collaboration with experts in the field and involve many different partner organisations.
The Online Communications Officer will be responsible for:
- Disseminating and promoting 3Rs information and resources to key stakeholders, primarily in the scientific community using the NC3Rs online resources and social media
- Ensuring that the website content across the NC3Rs website and microsites are kept up to date
- Update website content across the NC3Rs website, microsites liaising with relevant staff members as appropriate, using Drupal and Wordpress content management systems
- Work alongside the communications team to produce and edit copy for the website (predominantly general interest news stories)
- Source and edit new images, video and other material to support the website
- Assist with the design of marketing and promotional materials for NC3Rs-related activities
- Track and report on website metrics
- Manage social media accounts and ensure the timely dissemination of content
- Produce the monthly NC3Rs newsletter
- Provide advice and training for NC3Rs staff on the website
- Ensure consistency with the organisation brand and style at all times
- Other ad hoc activities as required
Education, qualifications, training
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a biological science
Previous work experience
- Experience of managing and updating web content
- Experience of communicating across social media channels including Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook
- Work in a research funding or scientific environment
- Communications experience
Knowledge and experience
- An understanding of the issues around the use of animals in research
- Experience using website content management systems
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal and the ability to deal effectively with people at all levels
- The ability to come up with imaginative and creative ideas for communicating the NC3Rs research and messages through online channels
- Experience using the Drupal and/or Wordpress content management systems
- Ability to code in html and experience using Dreamweaver
- Experience of using design software e.g. InDesign or Illustrator and photo editing packages e.g. Photoshop
- Experience producing copy to a ‘house’ style at a fast pace, working to deadlines
Please remember to submit a copy of your CV and a covering letter explaining how you meet the essential criteria.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 2 August
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 15 August
The NC3Rs is an autonomous body responsible for setting and delivering its strategy and managing its resources. It is not an independent public bodyand for this reason it operates under the umbrella of the Medical Research Council (MRC), using some of the MRC administrative systems. A service agreement exists between the NC3Rs and the MRC. NC3Rs staff are appointed to the appropriate MRC Band and immediately seconded to the NC3Rs.
Choosing to come to work at the NC3Rs (part of UKRI) means that you will have access to a whole host of benefits from a defined benefit pension scheme and excellent holiday entitlement to access to employee shopping/travel discounts and salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme, as well as the chance to put the NC3Rs and UKRI on your CV in the future.
Our success is dependent upon our ability to embrace diversity and draw on the skills, understanding and experience of all our people. We welcome applications from all sections of the community irrespective of gender, race, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, disability or age. As"Disability Confident" employers, we guarantee to interview all applicants with disabilities who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.
This opportunity is closed to applications.