View Vacancy -- MRC Postdoctoral Research Scientist LMS - 1558
Education / Qualifications / Training required: (will be assessed from application form):
- PhD (or equivalent) in a relevant biomedical discipline. Excellent candidates from other backgrounds will be considered
Previous work experience required: (will be assessed from application form and at interview):
- Substantive experience in imaging technique or
- Previous experience in preclinical models of gut inflammation/cancer/vascular biology
- Ethics/processing of human biopsy and resection material
- Experience with single-cell sequencing technologies
Knowledge and experience: (will be assessed from application form and at interview):
- A proven publication record, with at least one first author publication in a peer-reviewed international journal
- Keen interest in intestinal inflammation, vascular biology and cancer
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to write clearly and succinctly for publication
- Good written communication skills in English.
- Experience in bioinformatics
Personal skills/behaviours/qualities: (will be assessed at interview):
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team (both in situ and remotely with international collaborators)
- Evidence of ability to conduct research independently, from the planning stages to execution and write-up
- The desire to learn about previously unfamiliar biological systems (both eukaryotic and prokaryotic), to acquire new computational and analytical skills and to pro-actively seek novel and creative solutions to scientific problems
- Willingness to share knowledge and skills with other members of the group on a daily basis
- Good verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to constructively criticize one’s own and others results
Choosing to come to work at the MRC (part of UKRI) means that you will have access to a whole host of benefits from a defined benefit pension scheme and excellent holiday entitlement to access to employee shopping/travel discounts and salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme, as well as the chance to put the MRC and UKRI on your CV in the future.
Our success is dependent upon our ability to embrace diversity and draw on the skills, understanding and experience of all our people. We welcome applications from all sections of the community irrespective of gender, race, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, disability or age. As "Disability Confident" employers, we guarantee to interview all applicants with disabilities who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.
UKRI supports research in areas that include animal health, agriculture and food security, and bioscience for health which includes research on animals, genetic modification and stem cell research. Whilst you may not have direct involvement in this type of research, you should consider whether this conflicts with your personal values or beliefs.
We will conduct a full and comprehensive pre-employment check as an essential part of the recruitment process on all individuals that are offered a position with UKRI. This will include a security check and an extreme organisations affiliation check.
This opportunity is closed to applications.