View Vacancy -- IT Support Analyst - LMS 977
The MRC’s London Institute of Medical Sciences (LMS) is a scientific institute with a unique computing environment using Windows, Linux and Macs. Supporting world class scientific research, you will be part of a team that delivers ICT services that enable pioneering science to take place. The primary function of this role is to provide scientific applications and computing infrastructure support.
To support and work within a small team of IT Support Analysts in the LMS’s Computing Facility. Based at the London Institute of Medical Sciences at Hammersmith Hospital, the role liaises with Imperial College London (ICL) and Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust; stakeholders in the work that takes place at the LMS and shared IT resources with ICL. The computing infrastructure at the LMS reflects this complexity.
Assisting and supporting the Head of IT in the delivery and development of IT Services with focus on scientific applications. This includes administration, monitoring and maintenance of software infrastructures and applications across all endpoints, as well as supporting the team in to ensure integrity, safety and availability of all data and applications as part of organisations' information systems Contributing to and leading on project tasks as required. Adhering to legislative and MRC ICT security policies.
A professional helpdesk is in operation, which the role forms a core part of. Responsible for prioritising own tasks, managing support requests, contributing to change & problem management and delivering excellent customer service.
Education, qualifications and training
Degree level qualification in Computing/related discipline or equivalent professional experience.
Knowledge and experience:
- Assesses own strengths and weaknesses and impact on others
- Able to organise and prioritise resources to ensure short and long term targets are met
- Be highly motivated, flexible and innovative in their approach to work
- Plans, multi-tasks & prioritises own time effetively and efficiently to achieve results and to switch between tasks quickly, staying in control of problematic situations
- Ensures appropriate engagement of colleagues with relevant stakeholders and issues
- Aligns work to overall strategic direction and LMS objectives supporting the MRC brand profile
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a good command of the English Language
- A high level of customer service and communication skills when dealing with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to use Line Manager and stakeholder feedback to make improvements to the delivery and of ICT services
- Able to self-motivate when working independently, as well as part of a team
- Able to develop and encourage cross-boundary working relationships
- Values diversity and demonstrates respect for other team members
- Contributes positively to ICT and cross-functional teams and shares knowledge and skills
Specific Role Competencies
- Experience of working in and supporting an IT Support Helpdesk
- Working experience of Mac, Windows & Linux mixed environment
- Understanding of the compute cluster hardware with the ability to coordinate the repair of hardware failures
- Experience of virtualisation technologies
For full details of this post (job description and person specification), please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please upload your CV, names and contact of two references along with a cover letter. In your cover letter, please outline what attracts you to the role and your key achievements to date that are relevant to this position. Please quote reference number LMS-977.
Choosing to come to work at the MRC (part of UKRI) means that you will have access to a whole host of benefits from a defined benefit pension scheme and excellent holiday entitlement to access to employee shopping/travel discounts and salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme, as well as the chance to put the MRC and UKRI on your CV in the future.
Our success is dependent upon our ability to embrace diversity and draw on the skills, understanding and experience of all our people. We welcome applications from all sections of the community irrespective of gender, race, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, disability or age. As "Disability Confident" employers, we guarantee to interview all applicants with disabilities who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.
UKRI supports research in areas that include animal health, agriculture and food security, and bioscience for health which includes research on animals, genetic modification and stem cell research. Whilst you may not have direct involvement in this type of research, you should consider whether this conflicts with your personal values or beliefs.
We will conduct a full and comprehensive pre-employment check as an essential part of the recruitment process on all individuals that are offered a position with UKRI. This will include a security check and an extreme organisations affiliation check.
This opportunity is closed to applications.