View Vacancy -- CAFM Assistant - Operations Group - Estates and Facilities - LMB 1196
There are four scientific Divisions - Structural Studies, Protein and Nucleic Acid Chemistry, Cell Biology and Neurobiology. However, scientific collaboration between the different Divisions is extensive. Scientists are well supported by excellent scientific facilities and by the LMB Operations Group which maintains the core infrastructure and services of the institute.
The LMB provides an unsurpassed environment for both new and established researchers. Scientists are drawn to the LMB from all over the world, thus creating a lively and international community for the exchange of ideas and technical innovation.
The MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology’s Estates and Facilities Department requires a CAFM Assistant (Computer Aided Facilities Management) to monitor, plan and schedule the planned preventative and reactive maintenance workloads for both in-house staff and Contractors through the management of the LMB’s existing CAFM system.
Working alongside the existing Estates and Facilities Services Coordinators and CMMS Coordinator, the post-holder will be responsible for the administration and operation of the CAFM system from a day-to-day operational perspective.
The post-holder will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the LMB’s Shires Pirana CAFM System. They will be responsible for ensuring that planned preventative maintenance activities and reactive attendances are logged on the system and that the management and close-out of these activities is monitored and any associated paperwork is appropriately (electronically) captured and filed.
The post-holder will be an integral part of the Estates and Facilities (E&F) team and assist with other duties where record keeping and centralised recording systems are used to manage day-to-day estates functions.
• Providing a dedicated Facilities helpdesk between the hours of 0800 – 1600 Mon-Fri.
• Generating work orders and any purchase orders required as part of reactive and planned maintenance activities.
• Maintain and develop the existing CAFM database for all job requests including incorporating key information such as plant ID, room numbering and location information.
• Monitoring the status of job requests or work orders to ensure that matters are attended to in a timely manner on a prioritized basis.
• Manage, modify and implement the PPM scheduler as a result of the asset inventory and revisions to maintenance contracts.
• Further develop databases for the planned maintenance regime by including sites information, contractors contracts and service records, health and safety and COSHH information databases.
• Maintain records for all reactive and PPM works completed by the Estates and Facilities Team and external contractors.
• Act as the key focal point for all CAFM related activities and develop processes and procedures to ensure robust documented systems are in place with both internal and external users/providers.
• To act as the central conduit between the helpdesk function and the facilities team in order to provide an efficient and timely response to any reported issues.
• Produce reports of job allocation for planning for the Estates and Facilities team and monthly management reports to review.
• Provide cover for the CMMS Coordinator during periods of absence.
• Assist in monitoring compliance with Health and Safety policies, processes and procedures by maintaining up-to-date centralised recording systems for all aspects of Health and Safety including workplace visits, risk assessments and accident records.
• To provide administrative support to the Facilities Management Team and as appropriate and when the demand arises.
• Monitor PPM / reactive workloads to ensure that they are completed on a priority basis and within an appropriate timeframe.
• Ensure that the Asset Register is up-to-date regarding additions, deletions and changes, in particular those created through building modifications.
• Establish and maintain good working relationships with all CAFM system users and other staff in support of their reporting requirements.
• Input into the Estates Maintenance Services Monthly report as required.
The post-holder will form part of a close team within the LMB’s Estates and Facilities department responsible for the overall day-to-day management of the LMB and Ares sites. The post-holder will be principally working alongside the E&F Services Coordinators and will be line managed by an existing Band 4 Services Coordinator.
The above lists are not exhaustive and you are required to undertake such duties as may reasonably be requested within the scope of the post. All employees are required to act professionally, co-operatively and flexibly in line with the requirements of the post and the MRC.
Education / qualifications / training required:
• Educated to A level standard with 5 GCSE’s or equivalent, including Maths and English.
• Advanced experience of IT Systems including Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and databases such as Filemaker or Microsoft Access.
• Business Administration (NVQ Level 3) or relevant equivalent qualification.
• Qualification in subject requiring or leading to demonstrable knowledge of Mechanical & Electrical Building Services.
• Experience of Autodesk products (eg Vela / BIM360) and PPM Databases.
• Project Management qualification (eg PRINCE Foundation).
Previous work experience required:
• Experience in managing technical data related to Facilities management.
• Familiarity with CMMS / CAFM Systems.
• Experience in managing technical data related to Facilities management in a complex working environment (eg laboratory or healthcare).
• An understanding and experience of the principles of Project Management within a Construction or Building Facilities Management Environment.
Knowledge and experience
Creativity and initiative
• Excellent organisational skills with the ability to organise others.
• The ability to listen to others understand and interpret their views analysis and provided advice/solutions.
• Adaptable as the workload is varied and priorities can change at short notice.
• Ability to plan and prioritise work with the minimum of supervision.
Verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non–technical staff.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work closely and effectively with staff at all levels within the organisation.
Personal skills / behaviours / qualities:
• Ability to work under pressure but constructively, collaboratively and productively with colleagues at all levels within the LMB and externally.
• Ability to work as part of a team or independently.
• Ability to work without or under limited supervision.
Choosing to come to work at the MRC (part of UKRI) means that you will have access to a whole host of benefits from a defined benefit pension scheme and excellent holiday entitlement to access to employee shopping/travel discounts and salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme, as well as the chance to put the MRC and UKRI on your CV in the future.
Our success is dependent upon our ability to embrace diversity and draw on the skills, understanding and experience of all our people. We welcome applications from all sections of the community irrespective of gender, race, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, disability or age. As "Disability Confident" employers, we guarantee to interview all applicants with disabilities who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.
UKRI supports research in areas that include animal health, agriculture and food security, and bioscience for health which includes research on animals, genetic modification and stem cell research. Whilst you may not have direct involvement in this type of research, you should consider whether this conflicts with your personal values or beliefs.
We will conduct a full and comprehensive pre-employment check as an essential part of the recruitment process on all individuals that are offered a position with UKRI. This will include a security check and an extreme organisations affiliation check.
This opportunity is closed to applications.