View Vacancy -- Assistant Administrator - MLC 2007
The Mary Lyon Centre at MRC Harwell (MLC) https://www.har.mrc.ac.uk/ is located in an expanding science and innovation park in Oxfordshire and is an internationally renowned centre at the forefront of genetics research. As the hub of the new National Mouse Genetics Network, the specialist facilities and capabilities of the MLC support a number of distinct research clusters spread across the UK to accelerate our understanding of human disease.
The Medical Research Council (MRC) is a great place to work and progress your career, be it in scientific research or in the support functions. The MRC encourages the integration of clinical and discovery research to elucidate both disease processes and potential new therapies. The MLC focuses on preclinical research using mouse models, which supports clinical research and therapy discovery. The MRC is an excellent place to develop yourself further and a range of training & development opportunities will be available to you, including professional registration with the Science Council.
The Mary Lyon Centre at MRC Harwell (MLC) is recruiting an ‘Assistant Administrator' to assist with the daily operations required in the MLC Centralised Administration Team.
The role will be part of a busy team consisting of five other colleagues. All will provide support to members of the Mary Lyon Centre at MRC Harwell, including the MRC Centre for Macaques, the Advance Training Centre and external customers visiting the sites.
There are a variety of duties which make up this interesting position. The Administration Team needs to be flexible, efficient and timely in supporting and delivering business requirements to the staff and visitors within MRC Harwell.
- GCSE’s at Grade C and above or relevant qualifications
- Computer literate and proficient with Microsoft packages
Previous Work Experience Required:
- Administrative experience
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment and able to be multifunctional
- Experience of working within a science environment
- Experience of working with Oracle, SHE Assure, Evotix, Send Word Now
Knowledge and Experience:
- Good customer service skills
- Experience in arranging events, training courses and meetings
- Experience in a receptionist-type role
- Excellent organisational skills, with an eye for detail and the ability to meet deadlines
- Good time management skills and the ability to juggle priorities
- The ability to work within a small team and between teams within the MRC
- Good literacy, numeracy and accuracy, and attention to detail
- The ability to understand the sensitive nature of the work and maintain confidentiality at all times
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with individuals at all levels, from a range of different groups/backgrounds
Choosing to come to work at the MRC (part of UKRI) means that you will have access to a whole host of benefits from a defined benefit pension scheme and excellent holiday entitlement to access to employee shopping/travel discounts and salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme, as well as the chance to put the MRC and UKRI on your CV in the future.
Our success is dependent upon our ability to embrace diversity and draw on the skills, understanding and experience of all our people. We welcome applications from all sections of the community irrespective of gender, race, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, disability or age. As "Disability Confident" employers, we guarantee to interview all applicants with disabilities who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.
UKRI supports research in areas that include animal health, agriculture and food security, and bioscience for health which includes research on animals, genetic modification and stem cell research. Whilst you may not have direct involvement in this type of research, you should consider whether this conflicts with your personal values or beliefs.
We will conduct a full and comprehensive pre-employment check as an essential part of the recruitment process on all individuals that are offered a position with UKRI. This will include a security check and an extreme organisations affiliation check.
This opportunity is closed to applications.